Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lit Groups

LITERATURE GROUPS

I like reading a new book, because I have gotten out of the reading process and I really needed to get my reading skills back up. Something that I really like about this was that we took notes on the book, and put them on sticky notes. A lot of times I seem to forget what I read about and having those sticky notes, I am able to look back and check what I have previously read. that is also a way too see, what exactly I think about when I am reading because a lot of the time i seem to get distracted from my reading. I actually found out that I read better when I am taking notes on almost every page, I seem to pay more attention, don't get as distracted. i find that interesting and I am glad that i found that out, I am going to use this process whenever I read a book.



I Guess when we were Planning out the time frame on how much we were going to read and by when, we didn't really think about how some of the chapters were very long, and a lout of the time some people in our group where not able to keep up with the reading and all of the school work we had to do, including me. we were not very well organized with the due dates, we need to think ahead.


The book was about troubled boy by the name Huckleberry Finn. His father is an alcoholic and he abuses Huck sometime, like when he gets drunk he seems to beat him, for little things, and he wants to take charge of Huck. Huck did not like that, so he ran away from this cabin that his dad was keeping him in. On his journey he found his friend, he was a runaway slave. They went on journeys together keeping each others secrets, Huck was suppose to be dead, and Jim had run away. Jim and Huck helped each other survive on islands. They went through struggles, and Huck in the end helps Jim out of jail and proves that he is a free man. They stuck together and helped each other a lot

I hope that we get more time to read the next book.

No comments:

whos.amung.us - visitor maps